swing applet problems

1 vue

cfros...@my-deja.com

non lue,
10 août 2000, 03:00:0010/08/2000
I am trying to integrate swing into my applet.. i've downloaded the html
converter and 1.3 plugin from sun.. it starts to load up and then it
errors out ... "Applet test.Meswing notinited" ..

does anybody have a clue... the applet is just a button.. trying to get
the basics of putting swing into the applet..

thanks in advanced,

chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

cfros...@my-deja.com

non lue,
10 août 2000, 03:00:0010/08/2000
The console out put is this:

JAR cache enabled.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/java/swing/JApplet
at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:111)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:248)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:286)
at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:108)
at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(AppletClassLoader.java:366)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:579)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:515)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:293)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

how do i get the class to be found..

thanks in advance

In article <8mudsk$kuc$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Thomas Hawtin

cfros...@my-deja.com wrote:

> The console out put is this:
>
> JAR cache enabled.
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/java/swing/JApplet

That's a really old version of swing. For JDK1.2beta4[1] and the
equivalent Swing for JRE1.1 release it was renamed to javax.swing.* in
order to be common to both platforms. However it's still a "core"
package despite not being in java.*.

Tackline

[1] I'm not a trainspotter, honest.
--
Thomas Hawtin (Tackline) London, UK
Soon to be jobless Software Engineer (Java) This statement is true.

cfros...@my-deja.com

non lue,
10 août 2000, 03:00:0010/08/2000
I am relatively new to java, and am excited about "tacklinking it" .. i
have visual age for java and i have installed 1.3plug in and html
converter? what do i need to do to make use of the newer version?? can
you help explain it to me?

In article <3992D061...@northgate-is.com>,

cfros...@my-deja.com wrote:

> I am relatively new to java, and am excited about "tacklinking it" .. i
> have visual age for java and i have installed 1.3plug in and html
> converter? what do i need to do to make use of the newer version?? can
> you help explain it to me?

From your stack trace, you appear to have successfully converted the
HTML and installed the plug-in. Hopefully it should be just a matter of
searching and replacing "com.sun.java.swing" with "javax.swing" in your
source. If you're unlucky there might be some other changes you'll have
to account for, but I don't know what they would be.

To run the new code under Java 1.1 you'll need to download a recent
version of Swing (a.k.a. JFC) from the usual place:

http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/download.html

Tackline

cfros...@my-deja.com

non lue,
10 août 2000, 03:00:0010/08/2000
the version of visual age for java has jfc 1.0.3.. i went ahead and
downloaded the 1.1.1 version.. now my question is.. should i just import
in the newer jfc package.. or should i remove the 1.0.3 or?? know
anything about visual age?

In article <3992E563...@northgate-is.com>,

BBonner

non lue,
16 août 2000, 03:00:0016/08/2000
Include the jar file in either the <param ARCHIVE> tag (for both IE and
Netscape). This should help you get around this problem.

Brian

In article <8muia1$oig$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

--
Brian Bonner
Paraware

Rolf Garske

non lue,
18 août 2000, 03:00:0018/08/2000
The best way to solve your Problem is to install
"VisualAge for Java V3.02 Professional for the Java2 Environment", which is
based on JDK 1.2.2 (almost as
good as 1.3, but there are some things that JDK 1.3 supports
that can't be done in VAJ). It also has some global string replace capability
to help you convert your JApplet to the new paths needed for Swing 1.1.1.

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:26:19 GMT, cfros...@my-deja.com wrote:

:>the version of visual age for java has jfc 1.0.3.. i went ahead and

:>downloaded the 1.1.1 version.. now my question is.. should i just import
:>in the newer jfc package.. or should i remove the 1.0.3 or?? know
:>anything about visual age?
:>
:>
:>In article <3992E563...@northgate-is.com>,
:> Thomas Hawtin <tom.h...@northgate-is.com> wrote:
:>> cfros...@my-deja.com wrote:
:>> >
:>> > I am relatively new to java, and am excited about "tacklinking it"

:>... i

:>> > have visual age for java and i have installed 1.3plug in and html
:>> > converter? what do i need to do to make use of the newer version??
:>can
:>> > you help explain it to me?
:>>
:>> From your stack trace, you appear to have successfully converted the
:>> HTML and installed the plug-in. Hopefully it should be just a matter
:>of
:>> searching and replacing "com.sun.java.swing" with "javax.swing" in
:>your
:>> source. If you're unlucky there might be some other changes you'll
:>have
:>> to account for, but I don't know what they would be.
:>>
:>> To run the new code under Java 1.1 you'll need to download a recent
:>> version of Swing (a.k.a. JFC) from the usual place:
:>>
:>> http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/download.html
:>>
:>> Tackline
:>> --
:>> Thomas Hawtin (Tackline) London,
:>UK
:>> Soon to be jobless Software Engineer (Java) This statement is
:>true.

:>>
:>
:>
:>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
:>Before you buy.

Phone: +49 211 6914777 Mobile Phone: +49 172 2117822 Fax: +49 211 6914778
Email: gar...@attglobal.net CompuServe: 100023,3324 PGP Key on Request

0 nouveau message