BUG in JAVA???

htimsdloG heyrA

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

I came across a problem when trying to implement a graphic buffer. If I
extend the Panel class and then try to do "buffer = image.getGraphics();"
I get a bunch of errors. Here are the errors, and a simple program follows
that presents the errors.
please reply to ar...@ironarmdillo.com
thanx

appletviewer damn.html
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at java.text.MessageFormat.format(MessageFormat.java)
at java.text.MessageFormat.format(MessageFormat.java)
at java.text.Format.format(Format.java)
at
sun.applet.AppletMessageHandler.getMessage(AppletMessageHandler.java:63)
at
sun.applet.AppletMessageHandler.getMessage(AppletMessageHandler.java:78)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.showAppletStatus(AppletPanel.java:554)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:330)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

here is the code....to make it work just start a comment at the first init
method, and replace the '//' with '*/' -- then the code will work.
As it is now, it does not work. I am using JDK1.1.1 Solaris.

/* Aryeh Goldsmith ar...@ironarmadillo.com */

import java.awt.*;
import java.applet.*;

public class damn extends Applet {

private Graphics buf;
private Image im;

public void init(){

Buf b = new Buf();
add(b);

}

}

class Buf extends Panel {

private Graphics buf;
private Image im;

public Buf (){
// public void init(){
im = createImage(140,360);
buf = im.getGraphics();

buf.drawString("Damn!!!",30,30);
}

public void paint(Graphics g) {
g.drawImage(im,0,0,this);
}

}

[0;34;42m
Aryeh Goldsmith
ar...@ironarmadillo.com
agol...@its.brooklyn.cuny.edu

[5;30;42m
Q:Does your browser handle the <aryeh> tag?!?
Perhaps you should get the aryeh plugin.
[0m