Running a simple CORBA client

Raphas

May 6, 2002, 7:07:18 AM5/6/02
Hi, I know there is a java CORBA newsgroup but my problem was not solved
posting there.

I have a C++ server that waits for connection. My JAVA client used to
connect to the server with IOR files. I'm using java ORB.
Now I have to move on and use another method because files are not very
practical. I figured I'd have to use corbalocs. Here is my program :

class corbaTest
{
public static void main (String[] arguments) throws
AuthFailed,PermDenied,Myrdv.Error,Exception
{
Properties p=System.getProperties();
p.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost","192.168.1.xxx");
p.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort","43334");
org.omg.CORBA.ORB orb = org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(arguments,p);

String nameSer
vice = "corbaloc:iiop:192.168.1.xxx:43334/MyrdvSessionManager";
System.out.println("Connection : " + orb);
SessionManager man
ager = SessionManagerHelper.narrow(orb.string_to_object(nameService));
System.out.println(manager.noOp());
System.out.println("OK");
}

OUPUT :
Getting ORB :
Connection : com.sun.corba.se.internal.Interceptors.PIORB@e102dc
Exception in thread "main" org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: SUN minor
code: 201 completed: No
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ConnectionTable.getConnection(ConnectionTable.java:173)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ConnectionTable.getConnection(ConnectionTable.java:65)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.GIOPImpl.getConnection(GIOPImpl.java:67)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:638)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:580)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.is_a(ClientDelegate.java:832)
at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._is_a(ObjectImpl.java:112)
at Myrdv.SessionManagerHelper.narrow(SessionManagerHelper.java:59)
at corbaTest.main(corbaTest.java:17)

Looking at the minor code, the error 201 means :
Implementation of the list operation caught a Java exception while creating
the list iterator.
Note that the error occurs at SessionManager.narrow() and not while doing
orb.string_to_object(nameService)

If I delete the first 4 lines where I initialize the properties, I have the
same results.

I would really appreciate if someone can help with CORBA because I was not
able to find anything really meaningfull about corbalocs on the web, and
I'm stuck with this :<

Thanks
Raphaël

Paul Lutus

May 6, 2002, 11:32:28 AM5/6/02
Raphas wrote:

> Hi, I know there is a java CORBA newsgroup but my problem was not solved
> posting there.

"Hello horse lovers. I posted this to the 'horse chestnut' newsgroup, but
no one helped me, so now I am posting to the 'chestnut horse' newsgroup."

This doesn't bear up very well under scrutiny.

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

Raphas

May 6, 2002, 12:21:00 PM5/6/02
Paul Lutus wrote:

I can't see my post. Is this newsgroup moderated. I don't know what is wrong
in asking for help.

Paul Lutus

May 6, 2002, 1:08:27 PM5/6/02
Raphas wrote:

I will try being more direct. You need to select a newsgroup in which your
post is on-topic.

The fact that a newsgroup is not moderated doesn't mean you can post
anyting you please. In unmoderated newsgroups, it is all voluntary, that is
the only difference.

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com