Jboss+Tomcat prob

nt

May 29, 2002, 1:35:45 PM5/29/02
Hi All ,

I'm trying to set up the JBoss2.4.4-Tomcat-4.0.1 boundle with a 1.4 JDK on a
linux box ( rh kernel 2.4.10 ) and I'm encountering some problems ....

I start the boudle with the run_with_tomcat.sh script, it all looks fine in
the log ( no errors or exceptions noticed ), but when I try to access the
server on the 8080 port I get this in the log :

[18:15:34,825,EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] StandardHost[localhost]: MAPPING
configuration error for request URI
[18:15:35,093,EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] HttpProcessor[8080][4]
process.invoke
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.status(ErrorDispatcherValve.
java:280)
at
java:180)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
:163)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
1011)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1106
)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

and of course no answer on the client side :).

I tried to tested the Tomcat part and launch the web container with the
/catalina/bin/catalina.sh script and it seemed to run fine ! The example
apps worked withouth any problems.

So i suppose that either there is an incompatibility problem or some kind of
configuration misc.

Being quite a newb on JBoss , any pointers and info are welcomed !

Thanks per advance,

C.D

M Series

May 29, 2002, 5:14:25 PM5/29/02
I had this problem too, it is not a problem with your set up. There are some
messages on the JBoss forums relating to it. Apparently it does not map the
default (ROOT) context properly. If you deploy a new webapp it will work as
expected. I am now using JBoss243-Tomcat323 and it works fine

"nt" <n...@free.world> wrote in message