jar problem

payal_...@my-deja.com

Feb 2, 2001, 9:05:50 AM2/2/01
I could run a program on my computer as well on one of my friend
computer.

But giving it other friend by mail or letting them download from a
site created a problem.

they are saying while running my program it says

:\iscap>java -jar iscap.jar

Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: error in
opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

Any solution for this

With regards,

Shaji

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Joseph Millar

Feb 2, 2001, 12:43:07 PM2/2/01
On Fri, 02 Feb 2001 14:05:50 GMT, payal_...@my-deja.com wrote:

> I could run a program on my computer as well on one of my friend
> computer.
>
> But giving it other friend by mail or letting them download from a
> site created a problem.
>
> they are saying while running my program it says
>
> :\iscap>java -jar iscap.jar
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: error in
> opening zip file
> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

The jar file is most likely corrupt. Get them a new copy.
Did you use the jar tool to create the jar file, or a zip
tool? Both should work, but the some zip tools create bad
archives...

--Joe
Joseph A. Millar <jmi...@mediaone.net>
"Very funny, Scotty! Now beam down my clothes!" - James T. Kirk

payal_...@my-deja.com

Feb 2, 2001, 1:49:37 PM2/2/01
Thanks Joseph you are right I corrected the problem with your help.
Payal_sharma

In article <3a7ef1cb....@news.ne.mediaone.net>,