Helpe with Quicktime for Java

Tom Bullers

Oct 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/19/99

I would love to be able to use the Quicktime for Java applet (from the
Quicktime for Java SDK) running in a web browser for displaying streaming
video. This sample streaming video player applet works very well when I'm
using an iMac and IE 4.5 and the latest JRE for OS 8.6.

However, if I try to run the applet on a Windows NT box with IE 5.0 using
the Java 1.2 plugin, the applet never fully loads. The globe in IE just
keeps spinning. Following is the error messages I get in the Java console
when I try to execute the sample streaming video applet from my local hard
drive.

I expect I am not providing all the necessary classes for the applet to
access. However, I don't know how to provide the applets and which classes
I need to provide. Will using a .jar help me? Would I need to put the all
java classes in a jar and have the applet download them from the web server?

I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks.

-tom

Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.2.2.px
Using JRE version 1.2.2
User home directory = D:\WINNT\Profiles\tbullers
Proxy Configuration: no proxy

JAR cache enabled.
Opening http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/qtsdk/QTStreamingApplet.class no proxy
CacheHandler file name: D:\WINNT\Profiles\tbullers\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5\SKYRDUOB\QTStreamingApplet[1].class

Opening http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/qtsdk/PopupMenuButton.class no proxy
CacheHandler file name: D:\WINNT\Profiles\tbullers\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5\SM7AQSTR\PopupMenuButton[1].class

Opening http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/qtsdk/IconButton.class no proxy
CacheHandler file name: D:\WINNT\Profiles\tbullers\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5\T8UBHXL5\IconButton[1].class

Opening http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/qtsdk/quicktime/app/display/Drawable.class no
proxy
CacheHandler file name: null

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: quicktime/app/display/Drawable
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)