Security Exception in simple (no file accessing) Applets?

1 view

Andre M. Maier

Dec 3, 2003, 9:15:51 AM12/3/03
Hi Java Programmers,

so far, I haven't seen any problems running my applets on Netscape 4.7
(Unix) and IE 4.0 (Windows 2000). However, since I have upgraded to Internet
Explorer 5.50, the same applets do no longer get initialized due to the
security exception below. The funny thing is that none of the applets contain
any code accessing files locally or on the server. Even a simple "Hello World"
applet cannot be started.

The security exception occurs in both cases, when accessing the applet on the
server or from my local drive.

Has anyone seen something like this? What could cause this problem?

Regards,

Andre

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission read)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(Unknown Source)
at java.io.File.exists(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.file.Handler.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URL.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.security.PluginClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)