ObjectStream problems

Jay Barry

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
Hi...

I'm getting the following error when running an applet-servlet communication
program on an Apache Web Server..
I get the following error in the server log...

AJP Protocol Error: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer:
JVM_recv in socket input stream read
[24/10/2000 09:10:45:637 GMT+01:00] java.net.SocketException: Connection
reset by peer: socket write error
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:83)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:72)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:130)
at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.sendError(JServConnection.java:1528)
at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:184)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Also whenever I shut down the applet I get...

AJP Protocol Error: java.io.IOException: Stream closed prematurely

In the server properties file there is a maxConnections parameter and what
will happen is that eventually the applet will not be able to communicate
with the servlets and I'll have boost the number of maxConnections then it
works fine until it runs out of connections again...

Can any help with this please...