Check permission errors when running applet

Tom Bullers

Oct 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/25/99
Hi All,

I get the following errors when I try to run an applet. Does this have to
do with not having a local class path set? Is it a security issue? This
applet runs fine when I run the calling html from my local hard drive. Can
someone at least help point out the character of this problem. Where should
I begin looking? Thanks much.

-tom

Opening http://xx.x.x.x/IconButton.class no proxy
CacheHandler file name: C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5\G5IRGHA7\IconButton[1].class
Opening http://x.x.x.x/QTStreamingApplet$1.class no proxy
CacheHandler file name: C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5\O7OSH8BK\QTStreamingApplet$1[1].class
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
/images/p1.gif read)
at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java
:195)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java,
Compiled Code)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java, Compiled
Code)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:873)
at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImageFromHash(SunToolkit.java:242)
at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImage(SunToolkit.java:256)
at QTStreamingApplet.bottomPanel(QTStreamingApplet.java:121)
at QTStreamingApplet.init(QTStreamingApplet.java:41)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:333)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)