JBoss Eclipse JMS Exception

1 view

jupiter49

Feb 13, 2005, 10:07:16 PM2/13/05
Can anybody help me decipher this exception issue? I'm running Win XP with
Eclipse 3.0.1 and JBoss 4.0.1, trying to make a simplistic JMS client send a
PTP message to a JBoss queue. Eclipse fails at runtime with this:

"log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
(org.jboss.mq.referenceable.SpyConnectionFactoryObjectFactory)."

JBoss's server.log says this right at the end:

2005-02-13 21:38:16,631 DEBUG
[org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.ServerSocketManagerHandler] Exiting on IOE
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:183)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:201)
at
org.jboss.util.stream.NotifyingBufferedInputStream.read(NotifyingBufferedInp
utStream.java:67)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.peek(ObjectInputStream.java:2133)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readBlockHeader(ObjectInputSt
ream.java:2313)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.refill(ObjectInputStream.java
:2380)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.read(ObjectInputStream.java:2
452)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readByte(ObjectInputStream.ja
va:2601)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readByte(ObjectInputStream.java:845)
at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager$ReadTask.run(SocketManager.java:284)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
2005-02-13 21:38:16,631 DEBUG [org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager] End
ReadTask.run
2005-02-13 21:38:16,631 DEBUG [org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager] End
WriteTask.run
**********************

I have a feeling I have not set up my environment correctly, no? My system
CLASSPATH has jbossall-client.jar in it but that's all. I can't tell what
it is that I need from looking at the exception.

My Eclipese BuildPath has these archives:
c:\jboss-4.0.1\client\log4j.jar
c:\jboss-4.0.1\client\concurrent.jar
c:\jboss-4.0.1\client\jboss-common-client.jar
c:\jboss-4.0.1\client\jbossmq-client.jar
c:\jboss-4.0.1\client\jnp-client.jar
c:\j2eesdk1.4\lib\j2ee.jar

Of course, log4j.xml exists in the \conf folders. It's configured as
default with CONSOLE and FILE appenders.

I noticed that my client code seems to find the JNDI stuff because I see it
use port 1099 for the JMS provider. After that is when I get the exception.

Anybody with any help or troubleshooting hints? Thanks ......... paul

jupiter49

Feb 14, 2005, 8:38:56 PM2/14/05
Got it. I didn't instantiate the logger class.

Cool, huh? Where did I get the idea that was optional?

"jupiter49" <jupiter4...@msn.com> wrote in message