Help with JDK1.1.1 on Solaris 2.4!

T.K. Narayan

May 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/12/97

I am trying to use JDK1.1.1 for an application that I am running using Solaris
2.4 on a Sparc Station. When I try running it on our LAN, and try to display it
on my terminal, I keep getting this error message. I would appreciate any help
that would solve this problem.

I wonder if I need the Motif libraries on my local machine in order to use
JDK1.1.1?

Thanks,

T.K.

ERROR MESSAGE IS AS FOLLOWS:

% java HOS

java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using 'newton:0.0'
as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
at sun.awt.motif.MToolkit.<init>(MToolkit.java:48)
at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:244)
at java.awt.Window.getToolkit(Window.java:199)
at java.awt.Frame.addNotify(Frame.java:139)
at java.awt.Window.show(Window.java:132)
at HOS.main(HOS.java)