Err: Missing java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/util/ArrayList

NightShade

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
I'm working on a project in WebSphere. I just added a new servlet and
tried to compile it. I get this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/util/ArrayList
at sun.tools.util.CommandLine.parse(Compiled Code)
at sun.tools.javac.Main.compile(Main.java:214)
at sun.tools.javac.Main.main(Main.java:733)

my includes in the top are:
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

import com.ibm.servlet.connmgr.*;
import com.ibm.webtools.runtime.*;

import java.io.*;
import java.sql.*;
import java.util.*;

the servlet is a copy of another working, compiled servlet. I
recompiled one of the older working servlets (which was recompiled on
7/31 and were fine) just now and got the same error ...

Where should I start looking / check?

Help!

--
NightShade
It's not that I have a dirty mind, you understand. It's just that so

"Audacia, Furtim, Subdolus"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.