StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header

tukker

May 9, 2010, 9:31:18 AM5/9/10
Hi All,
I am new to Java network programing. I wanted to write a server
code..which accept telnet connections and respond.
I used code from the below mentioned link.
http://zerioh.tripod.com/ressources/sockets.html
The server code run successfully. Using client code i was able to
connect to the server successfully.
But using the same code when i tried to login thru terminal server
(windows command prompt) and typed "bye" i see below exception.

java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 6279650D
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:
783)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:280)
at Provider.run(Provider.java:23)
at Provider.main(Provider.java:71)
What could be wrong?

My goal is to write a telnet server in java which can accept telnet
connection from windows command prompt or terminal server.
Please help me on the same.
THanks in Advance
KT

Tom Anderson

May 9, 2010, 10:04:36 AM5/9/10
On Sun, 9 May 2010, tukker wrote:

> I am new to Java network programing. I wanted to write a server
> code..which accept telnet connections and respond.
> I used code from the below mentioned link.
> http://zerioh.tripod.com/ressources/sockets.html
> The server code run successfully. Using client code i was able to
> connect to the server successfully.
> But using the same code when i tried to login thru terminal server
> (windows command prompt) and typed "bye" i see below exception.
>
> java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 6279650D
> at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java: 783)
> at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:280)
> at Provider.run(Provider.java:23)
> at Provider.main(Provider.java:71)
> What could be wrong?

You've misunderstood the purpose of the example. It's using serialization,
which is a way of moving whole java objects through streams. That's
nothing like telnet, which just moves raw text (and a few special control
codes).

tom

--
coincidences, body modification, hungarian voice sebestyen marta, **

Arne Vajhøj

May 9, 2010, 12:48:22 PM5/9/10

For a telnet server you will use plain InputStream possible
wrapped in a BufferedReader - you will not use ObjectInputStream
which is for reading Java objects including the meta data that it
complains are missing.

Arne