What does "Descriptor not a socket: JVM_recv in socket input stream read" mean?

co...@my-deja.com

Feb 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/27/00
Does anyone know what this means?

java.net.SocketException: Descriptor not a socket: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:86)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:67)

I am getting this under with JDK 1.2.2 and JDK 1.3 RC1 under Windows NT4
SP 5.

After searching Deja http://www.deja.com/ and the Java Forumns
http://forum.java.sun.com/ for similar problems, the most promising
suggestions I have are that it is:
a) a Winsock problem and can be solved by downloading a newer version
b) a VM problem and could be solved by moving to a newer VM

In light of the JDK and NT versions that I mentioned above, neither of
these sound promising. I looked at the comments surrounding the native
method in the JDK source and that didn't help.

A solution or an explanation of the problem would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Curt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/