RMI under SunOS not working??

u489259

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

I can't get the rmiregistry to work correctly under SunOS (I believe we
are using JDK1.13). I start it up with "rmiregistry &" and when I run my
program needing to bind an object I get this error from the rmiregistry:

RegistryImpl.main: an exception occurred: Port already in use: 12;
nested exception is:
java.net.BindException: Permission denied

And I get this error from my program that needs the rmiregistry:

java.rmi.ConnectIOException: Error creating connection to:
[csia.csi.uottawa.ca:1099]; nested exception is:
java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument

I believe the standard port for the rmiregistry is 1099, is something
else using it?

I've tried changing the port to something else but then I get this from
my program (and a really long error from the rmiregistry):

java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return header
at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:208)

at
sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.rebind(RegistryImpl_Stub.java:131)
at java.rmi.Naming.rebind(Naming.java:115)
at net.Pt.main(Pt.java:18)