Applet is not starting.

Bhabani Shankar Padhi

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
I have made my web page in which the starting html file
contains 4 frames. Out of these, three frames are consisting of applets.
When I tried the same with
JavaWebServer on my machine and other machices on the local network, it
works fine.
After this I have uploaded all the html and jar files to tripod site, where
I am allocated some space. When
I tried to load the page on my browser, I am getting an error which says
applet can't init. The Java console
shows following message
Netscape Communications Corporation -- Java 1.1.5
Type '?' for options.
Symantec Java! ByteCode Compiler Version
210.065
Copyright (C) 1996-97 Symantec Corporation
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(Compiled
Code)
at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(Compiled
Code)
* at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$LoadAppletEvent.dispatch(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(Compiled
Code)
* at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$LoadAppletEvent.dispatch(Compiled Code)
* at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$LoadAppletEvent.dispatch(Compiled Code)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(Compiled Code)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(Compiled Code)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(Compiled Code)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)
at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$AppletEventDispatchThread.run(Compiled
Code)
at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$AppletEventDispatchThread.run(Compiled
Code)
at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$AppletEventDispatchThread.run(Compiled
Code)

I don't understand why this is happening. Here the frame without an Applet
tag gets loaded properly,
while the ones with applet tag are not. To see the problem you can visit to
http://members.tripod.com/Bhabani/WebPage.html

Let me tell you about my configurations. I am using Netscape 4.5. My java
files are compiled with JDK1.1.6
and my operating system is windos 95.
Though netscape 4.5 is JDK1.1.5 compatible not JDK1.1.6, I don't think this
is a problem. Again it works
fine with JavaWebServer.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bhabani.

Loren Kohl

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
It sounds like you have a NullPointerException because you are appending
null to a StringBuffer. Find this in the code and fix it.

Bhabani Shankar Padhi <bha...@fast.fujitsu.com.au> wrote in message