Bad magic Number

Thorsten Krebs

Feb 7, 2001, 11:30:02 AM2/7/01
Hi!

I'm trying to make a JAR-File from my classes. That's fine so far but
when I try to start the class with the main-method I get the following
message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassFormatError: --------/-------
:-)
(Bad magic number)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)

Can anyone tell what this means and/or how to avoid it?
Thorsten Krebs mailto:tho...@informatik.uni-bremen.de
Uni Bremen
FB3 Informatik http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~thoddy

kathymc

Feb 7, 2001, 11:31:32 AM2/7/01

Thorsten Krebs

Feb 7, 2001, 11:44:19 AM2/7/01
404 Not Found

Bug report not found

Thnx! ;-)

Thorsten Krebs

Feb 7, 2001, 11:45:27 AM2/7/01
Oops!
Works!

Sorry!

Roedy Green

Feb 7, 2001, 12:00:05 PM2/7/01
On Wed, 07 Feb 2001 17:30:02 +0100, Thorsten Krebs <tho...@tzi.de>
wrote or quoted :

>Bad magic number
see error messages in the Java glossary.

--
Answers to the four most frequent questions:
Please consult the Java glossary: