Inexplicable IOException broken pipe

jgal...@my-deja.com

Dec 14, 2000, 2:28:58 PM12/14/00
I am getting this weird exception when I try to use JavaMail. Would
someone please explain to me why I am getting it?

javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.MessagingException: Can't send command to SMTP host;
nested exception is:
java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
at
javax.mail.MessagingException.<init>(MessagingException.java:55)
at
javax.mail.SendFailedException.<init>(SendFailedException.java:76)
at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Compiled Code)
at javax.mail.Transport.send(Compiled Code)
at com.esteel.email.EmailMsgFactory.sendMessage(Compiled Code)
at com.esteel.email.EmailMsgFactory.sendMail(Compiled Code)
at com.esteel.email.MailQueueReceive.onMessage(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSMessageConsumer.readQueue(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.jms.common.MessageQueue.execute(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(Compiled Code)

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Jon Skeet

Dec 15, 2000, 8:20:58 AM12/15/00

Try turning JavaMail debug on so it shows you everything it's sending to
the SMTP server and everything it's getting back.

--
Jon Skeet - sk...@pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~skeet