Help please - # Applet exception message w/ LEDSign V2.7

S C Anderson

Jun 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/30/97

Greetings,
Could someone please advise regarding a problem I'm having getting LEDSign
V2.7 to display a script (at this point any script) on my page.
http;//epix.net/~scanders
I suspect the problem may be bin vs. ascii uploading related but I'm not
sure which are which. At first, I couldn't get anything to LED related to
appear as I had uploaded the .class files as ascii. I've since corrected
that. Which files should be uploaded bin and which are ascii? This may or
not even be the problem at this point. I'm getting the following message
via Netscape Java Console.

# Applet exception: <HEAD><TITLE>File Not found</TITLE></HEAD>
java.lang.NumberFormatException: <HEAD><TITLE>File Not found</TITLE></HEAD>
at java.lang.Integer.<init>(Integer.java:213)
at Letters.initLetters(Letters.java:104)
at Letters.<init>(Letters.java:62)
at LED.getinfo(LED.java:242)
at LED.run(LED.java:314)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:296)

That said, I'm highly confident that my source paths are correct.
Please replay via email.
Thanks in advance.

S C Anderson
scan...@epix.net

Robert Lynch

Jun 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/30/97
to scan...@epix.net

I think your problem is that you have to lose the trailing "/" on the
codebase:

CODEBASE="LEDSign/LED/"

i.e., it (agreed, counter-intuitively) should be:
"CODEBASE="LEDSign/LED", and you also should drop some directory slashes
on the fonts, scripts tags...

However, you can take a look at your stuff in action at:

http://www.best.com/~rmlynch/led/b.html

and scan up and down the directories for their layout, and or download
any and all files at:

http://www.best.com/~rmlynch/led/

b.html is the only .html file of interest to you, it is laid out like
yours but with the correct codebase and other file specs...

Cheers,

Bob L.
--
Robert Lynch-Berkeley CA USA-r...@best.com
http://www.best.com/~rmlynch/

Steve Anderson

Jul 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/1/97

In article <33B86E3D...@best.com>, Robert Lynch <rml...@best.com> wrote:

> I think your problem is that you have to lose the trailing "/" on the
> codebase:
>
> CODEBASE="LEDSign/LED/"

Tried it - Adobe Pagemill 2.0 keeps putting it back in when I close the
source edit.

> i.e., it (agreed, counter-intuitively) should be:
> "CODEBASE="LEDSign/LED", and you also should drop some directory slashes
> on the fonts, scripts tags...

-snipe-

Thanks again Bob. You got it. I dropped the directory slash on the fonts
path and that did it. Funny, don't remember putting that in - one too many
pastes I imagine.

Steve Anderson
scanders@#nospam#epix.net
remove the #nospam# to reply