Problem with Plugin v1.1.2 and JRE 1.1.8

1 view

Steve Shaw

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99
I have an applet that was developed to run under a special bug-fixed
version of the JRE (1.1.6_003) that was given to my company by Sun. I am

now attempting to port this applet from AWT to Swing as well as trying
to get it to run under the new v1.1.8 JRE and Plugin version 1.1.2. The
previous version of this applet worked fine when I placed it in a signed

.jar file and ran it with JRE 1.1.6_003.

Now I am running it under JRE v1.1.8 from within the Cafe IDE by setting

up a 1.1.8 record in Cafe's Tools | Environment Options | Virtual
Machines dialog box. This works fine, but when I place it in a signed
.jar file
and try to run this with Plugin version 1.1.2, which has been configured

to use JRE 1.1.8, I get the following class loader error:

Java(TM) Plug-in
Using JRE version 1.1.8
User home directory = C:\WINNT35\Profiles\srs
Proxy Configuration: no proxy

Request focus
JAR cache disabled.
java.lang.VerifyError
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:456)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:392)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:231)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:466)

I have prepended the following onto my Windows system classpath
environment variable:
.;C:\Program
Files\JavaSoft\Jre\1.1.8\lib\rt.jar;C:\jdk1.1.8\lib\classes.zip;

...but I still get the same error. The same exact signed .jar file will
work
fine when I run it under Plugin v1.1.1 and JRE v1.1.6_003. Of course, it
also works when run under the appletviewer with JRE v1.1.8. Does anyone
have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve