JNI shared library path

A. Rohe

Oct 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/28/97

I created some classes containing native methods and put them together
in a package. The shared libraries called by those methods are in the
same package directory.
When running the application, I get an error message similar to this:

"java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no hello in shared library path
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java)
at
at java.lang.Thread.init(Thread.java)"

The JavaSoft Java Tutorial only gives this piece of information
concerning setting the library path:

"On Windows 95/NT, the loadLibrary() method searches for DLLs in the
same manner as other language environments do."

This seems to be a quite general tip and does not help me solving my
problem.

Does anybody know, how I have to set my JNI shared library path?

Regards

Achim Rohe

Dick H

Oct 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/28/97
to achim...@mnt.nokia.com

set PATH=<location of your *.DLL>;%path%

PATH is the key.

http://www.machj.com
A Java virtual machine for mission critical applications