JNI shared library path with Windows 95

A. Rohe

Oct 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/28/97

my problem is to set the JNI shared library path under Windows 95.

I grouped some classes containing native methods in a package. The DLLs
used by those native methods are also in the same package directory.

When running the application, I get a message like this:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no hello in shared library path
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java)
at
at java.lang.Thread.init(Thread.java)

The JavaSoft Java Tutorial only gives the information:
On Windows 95/NT, the loadLibrary() method searches for DLLs in the same
manner as other language environments do.

This seems to be a quite general piece of information and does not help
me solving my problem. Does anybody know, how I have to set the native
interface shared library path?

Regards

Achim Rohe

NGC News

Oct 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/29/97

The DLL must be in your path for LoadLibrary to see it.
Other languages also look in the path, which is what I think they are
saying.

-David