Compiler error on Weblogic 5.1, but it works with my testclient = MalformedURLException, https

Magnus

Jun 28, 2002, 10:48:36 AM6/28/02
Hi!
I'm having a problem, I build my source code with ant and everything
works fine, I have also tested my code in JBuilder with a testclient
so I'm really certain that the code works. But when start my
applicationserver with my new jars It dosn't work.

Ok, this is what I'm trying to do, I shall send a post with https.
When I do this I get a:

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:480)
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:376)
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:330)
at com.vsmarket.util.ssl.SSLPost.sendPost(SSLPost.java:96)
at com.vsmarket.util.ssl.SSLPost.checkTransaction(SSLPost.java:30)
at jsp_servlet._ve._merchantPuchase._jspService(_merchantPuchase.java:174)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:123)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:761)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:708)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContextManager.java:252)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:346)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:246)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:135)

And this I dont't get when I'm using my testclient in JBuilder. I'm
using jdk 1.3.1, so I have added the jsse.jar, jnet.jar and jcert.jar
file to my applicationserver(Weblogic 5.1). So then I tested to change
my jdk to the 1.4.1, and then I didn't get the MalformedURLException
no more, BUT my application dosn't work any good with that version, so
I need to use 1.3.1.

Hope that anyone can give me a hint what can be wrong.

Regards
/Magnus

Jon Skeet

Jun 28, 2002, 11:56:46 AM6/28/02
Magnus <magnus....@vsmarket.com> wrote:
> And this I dont't get when I'm using my testclient in JBuilder. I'm
> using jdk 1.3.1, so I have added the jsse.jar, jnet.jar and jcert.jar
> file to my applicationserver(Weblogic 5.1). So then I tested to change
> my jdk to the 1.4.1, and then I didn't get the MalformedURLException
> no more, BUT my application dosn't work any good with that version, so
> I need to use 1.3.1.
>
> Hope that anyone can give me a hint what can be wrong.

My guess is that jsse etc weren't actually being picked up - test that
they're there using some classloaders etc.

--
Jon Skeet - <sk...@pobox.com>
http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/

Magnus

Jun 29, 2002, 8:20:11 AM6/29/02
Jon Skeet <sk...@pobox.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.178697957...@dnews.peramon.com>...

> Magnus <magnus....@vsmarket.com> wrote:
> > And this I dont't get when I'm using my testclient in JBuilder. I'm
> > using jdk 1.3.1, so I have added the jsse.jar, jnet.jar and jcert.jar
> > file to my applicationserver(Weblogic 5.1). So then I tested to change
> > my jdk to the 1.4.1, and then I didn't get the MalformedURLException
> > no more, BUT my application dosn't work any good with that version, so
> > I need to use 1.3.1.
> >
> > Hope that anyone can give me a hint what can be wrong.
>
> My guess is that jsse etc weren't actually being picked up - test that
> they're there using some classloaders etc.

No I have already controlled that. I've tested to remove my jsse.jar
from my classloader, and then it complained on my imports, so my jsse
is being picked upp correctly.

Regards
/Magnus

Jon Skeet

Jul 1, 2002, 3:18:48 AM7/1/02
Magnus <magnus....@vsmarket.com> wrote:
> No I have already controlled that. I've tested to remove my jsse.jar
> from my classloader, and then it complained on my imports, so my jsse
> is being picked upp correctly.

No, that's only showing that they're being picked up by the *compiler* -
that doesn't mean they're being picked up by the *runtime* JVM.

Magnus

Jul 1, 2002, 7:10:29 PM7/1/02
Jon Skeet <sk...@pobox.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.178a12aec...@dnews.peramon.com>...

> Magnus <magnus....@vsmarket.com> wrote:
> > No I have already controlled that. I've tested to remove my jsse.jar
> > from my classloader, and then it complained on my imports, so my jsse
> > is being picked upp correctly.
>
> No, that's only showing that they're being picked up by the *compiler* -
> that doesn't mean they're being picked up by the *runtime* JVM.

Ok, I understand, but now I tested to create an instance of the class
SSLException which exist in my jsse.jar file, and it worked fine when
I used some methods in it. So I think that it should be ok!?

/Magnus