Java and Netscpae - dosen't work !!!

Christoph Lindner

Dec 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/5/97

m just learning java and I've got a problem.

I've got Netscape Communicator 4.1?? running on a Linux system.

it to write an own one (only one class) that works with netscape.

But another one didn't like to start. It can be executed by the
appletviewer but not by netscape.

Perhaps the bug is in the HTML-Tag.

Thanks for Your help.

Christop...@stud.uni-erlangen.de

The error occured by running the applet under netscape:

# Applet exception: error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Puzzle
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Puzzle
at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass(ClassLoader.java)
at
netscape.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass1(AppletClassLoader.java)
* at netscape.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java)

at netscape.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java)

at netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame.run(DerivedAppletFrame.java)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)
# Applet Puzzle did not shut down within 30 seconds -- killing it.

My HTML -Tag:

<APPLET code="Puzzle.class"
width=278 height=348>
<PARAM name="bordersize" value=30>