Applet xxxx notinited

reexana

Aug 5, 2007, 1:15:21 PM8/5/07
I'm building a java applet by using Netbeans 5.5. I then embedded the
applet into web application.

The problem is that when I compiled the file, it returns no error.

However, when I run the .jsp file in the browser (I'm using Firefox
2.0.0.1), it displays an error message
Applet xxxx notinited.

Other applet that contains only text seems to work fine but when I
built an applet that contains forms, picture and 3D objects, the same
message is displayed.

What does that means? Where did I go wrong?

Any help n suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

- Reexana -

Hunter Gratzner

Aug 5, 2007, 2:18:13 PM8/5/07
On Aug 5, 7:15 pm, reexana <fildz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, when I run the .jsp file in the browser (I'm using Firefox
> 2.0.0.1), it displays an error message
> Applet xxxx notinited.

Open the Java console and get the details of the error.

reexana

Aug 6, 2007, 12:38:33 AM8/6/07

This is the error message I got from the Java console :

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_02
Using JRE version 1.6.0_02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\ToshibaNB

c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/j3d/Node
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

What does that means? Did I miss something?

Andrew Thompson

Aug 6, 2007, 1:32:19 AM8/6/07
reexana wrote:
>> > However, when I run the .jsp file ...

That tranlsates to HTML, it is important to
understand that, and validate the HTML.
<http://validator.w3.org/>

>..in the browser (I'm using Firefox

>> > 2.0.0.1), it displays an error message
>> > Applet xxxx

.that is either a dumb name for an applet, or exhibiting
a level of paranoia that is uncommon, and unhelpful.

I do not suppose this JSP is available for public
browsing, is it? If it is, what is the URL?

>> > notinited.
>>
>> Open the Java console and get the details of the error.
>
>This is the error message I got from the Java console :

..
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/j3d/Node

Is Java3D* on the applet's classpath?

>What does that means?

>...Did I miss something?

Yes. What exactly, is hard to say.

Validate the HTML, then post the HTML, along
with descriptions of the site structure and locations
of the (.jar) files, and we might be able to help
further. Of course, we can get all that information
if you can supply an URL to the applet page.

* BTW - a bit of a Google suggests that web start
based launch of Java3D is quite doable, but that
applets might require Java3D installed locally,
before they can run.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

reexana

Aug 21, 2007, 1:50:59 PM8/21/07

I cannot view the applet and the error message shows that : Loading
Java Applet Failed

Why is that so?

And here's the details of the error.

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_02
Using JRE version 1.6.0_02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\ToshibaNB

c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: vrml/external/field/EventOutObserver
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Anyone, please help me.
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Regards,
Reexana

Ian Shef

Aug 21, 2007, 3:45:50 PM8/21/07
reexana <fild...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1187718659.439849.273660
@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> I cannot view the applet and the error message shows that : Loading
> Java Applet Failed
>
> Why is that so?
>
> And here's the details of the error.

<snip>

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: vrml/external/field/EventOutObserver
<snip>

The web page says:
"This requires a VRML plug-in Viewer ( like Cosmo )..."

It looks like you don't have the required plug-in installed.
Just a guess.

--
Ian Shef 805/F6 * These are my personal opinions
Raytheon Company * and not those of my employer.

Roedy Green

Aug 22, 2007, 2:17:23 AM8/22/07
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: vrml/external/field/EventOutObserver
see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/runerrormessages.html#NOCLASSDEFFOUNDERROR
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/runerrormessages.html#NOTINITED
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

reexana

Aug 22, 2007, 10:10:51 AM8/22/07

> The web page says:
> "This requires a VRML plug-in Viewer ( like Cosmo )..."
>
> It looks like you don't have the required plug-in installed.
> Just a guess.

I have no problem with the VR object. The one that I cannot view is
the Java applet.

(btw, I'm using Cortona)

Regards;
Ree

Andrew Thompson

Aug 22, 2007, 10:21:05 AM8/22/07
reexana wrote:

Yes, this pretty much backs up my earlier comment..

"* BTW - a bit of a Google suggests that web start
based launch of Java3D is quite doable, but that
applets might require Java3D installed locally,
before they can run."

>I cannot view the applet and the error message shows that : Loading

>Java Applet Failed
>
>Why is that so?

Because either Java3D is not installed locally, or it
is installed in a different JRE to the one used by the
browser. (Is my best guess).
.
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: vrml/external/field/EventOutObserver
..
>Any suggestion is appreciated.

Most Java3D apps. (both applications and applets)
are launched using web start.

If you wanted to experiemt with a web start launch,
you might try the file below as a basis for the launch
file.

Note that all resources for web start apps. need to
be Jar's, so I am assuming that you will put the three
classes in the directory of the server into a jar by the
name of 'morph.jar', in that same directory.

For the layout described above, this content, as
'morph3d.jnlp', located in the main directory (the
'codebase') should launch it on-screen.

Note that the missing classes should (AFAIU) be
includeded in the second JNLP referenced in this
one - the extension. The Java3D API can be got
directly from the deployers.

Here is the launch file..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<jnlp spec="1.0"