Need help with AccessControlException

Rhino

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99
I have suddenly started getting the following:

(java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM )
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Compiled Code)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(SecurityManager.java:756)
at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Runtime.java:81)
at java.lang.System.exit(System.java:626)
at Spinners.SpinPanel.<init>(Compiled Code)
at DisplayGraph.DisplayGraph01.drawSpinners(DisplayGraph01.java:811)
at DisplayGraph.DisplayGraph01.init(DisplayGraph01.java:1288)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

My applet is running on a standalone machine and I can't think of
anything I have done regarding file permissions or user IDs that could
be causing this. From the stacktrace, it appears that the problem occurs
in line 811 of DisplayGraph01, which is where I instantiate the
SpinPanel class. I don't have an init method in class SpinPanel so I
don't know where the problem lies in that class....

Can anyone give me some insight into what is happening and what I need
to do about it? Any insights, suggestions, or references to more
information would be greatly appreciated!

Please copy my e-mail address with your reply if you can....
--
rh...@wwdc.com

"TANSTAAFL! (There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!)"
- "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" by Robert A. Heinlein