Initial context in Orion server, can't find application-client.xml?

Frank LaRosa

Mar 30, 2001, 10:31:45 AM3/30/01

I'm setting up an Orion server for the first time, but I have a lot of
experience with Weblogic server.

The first thing I tried to do with Orion was write a simple client that
gets the initial context (from outside the container). Here is what I
wrote...

java.util.Hashtable ht = new java.util.Hashtable();
ht.put("java.naming.factory.initial",
"com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory");
ht.put("java.naming.provider.url", "ormi://MyServer/default-web-app");
ht.put("java.naming.security.principal", "admin");
ht.put("java.naming.security.credentials", "123");
Context context = new InitialContext( ht );

...and here is what I get when I run it:

javax.naming.NamingException: META-INF/application-client.xml resource
not found
at
com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(JAX)

at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:668)

at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:246)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:222)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:198)
at
com.franklarosa.fvm.control.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:20)

I don't understand what an "application-client.xml" file is. I have
written dozens of client apps for Weblogic, and have never had to
provide such a file.

Furthermore, I found an example of this file in the Orion demos and
tried duplicating it, but I still get the same error, regardless of
where I put the META-INF folder.

I read through the Orion docs but they seem to be focused on Servlets,
and are very weak on the topic of Java clients. I did activate my admin
account, and put the orion.jar file in my classpath, as well as the j2ee
jar. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

Frank