JavaMail - anyone want to help a newbie get it going?

David L Jarvis

Aug 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/4/99
I downloaded the latest JavaMail, JAF, and the JDK 1.2 for Windoze 98.
I'm just trying to get the demos of JavaMail to work but I'm having no luck.
Anyone willing to help a Java-novice with some advice?

Here's an example: I try to run "msgshow.class" with the following syntax
(as per the README.txt file that came with the demos)
java msgshow -L "imap://myuseracct:mypas...@myhost.mydomain.com"
where myhost.mydomain.com is my mail server, I currently use it just fine
with Outlook
and myuseracct:mypassword is correct for my account info.
I get the error:
Oops, got exception! * BYE Connection down;
nested exception is:
com.sun.mail.iap.ConnectionException: * BYE Connection down
javax.mail.MessagingException: * BYE Connection down;
nested exception is:
com.sun.mail.iap.ConnectionException: * BYE Connection down
at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:134)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:221)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:127)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:83)
at msgshow.main(msgshow.java, Compiled Code)

Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

--
David L. Jarvis
da...@dreamer.com