Problem with RMI

Abhijat Vatsyayan

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99
Hi!
I am trying to use rmi from an applet. The application works fine but when I try to use it through an applet, it does not work. I start the rmiregistry and the server on the machine on which we have the web server running but it still doesnt  seem to work. When I try nslookup www.icemt.iastate.edu  it seems to work fine  but of course there is no IP address for icemt.iastate.edu because there is no such machine.
I can open socket connections to the machine from the applet and write my own classes that will let provide me with the "rmi type" functionality but I certainly will like to use rmi.
PS:Sockets work fine .
Anybody has any idea ?
Abhijat
The exception from the java console :

HelloApplet exception: Unexpected exception; nested exception is:
 netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.Couldn't resolve IP for host icemt.iastate.edu or for www.icemt.iastate.edu.
java.rmi.UnexpectedException: Unexpected exception; nested exception is:
 netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.Couldn't resolve IP for host icemt.iastate.edu or for www.icemt.iastate.edu.
  at java.rmi.RemoteException.<init>(Compiled Code)
  at java.rmi.UnexpectedException.<init>(Compiled Code)
  at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Compiled Code)
* at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Compiled Code)
  at examples.hello.HelloApplet.init(Compiled Code)
  at netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$InitAppletEvent.dispatch(Compiled Code)
  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(Compiled Code)
  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)
  at netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$AppletEventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)