JavaMail send problem

Ruben Oude Tanke

Mar 21, 2001, 6:33:54 AM3/21/01
I'm trying to figure out how JavaMail works, so i tried a demo
(msgsendsample.java) supplied with JavaMail 1.2 .
However it fails to send a message, below is a screen dump. I've have
installed JAF1.0.1. Do I need to install other packages, or ....??????

Thanks in advance

D:\javamail-1.2\demo>java msgsendsample mike_ve...@hotmail.com
mar...@hetnet.nl smtp2.arnhem.chello.nl false

--Exception handling in msgsendsample.java
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.MessagingException: IOException while sending message;
nested exception is:
javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for
MIME type text/plain; charset=us-ascii
at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:219)
at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:81)
at msgsendsample.main(msgsendsample.java:85)

Marinus J. Gooijer

Mar 21, 2001, 9:39:01 AM3/21/01
Hi

At least I think isn't necessary to have other packages than JAF, but in
classspath I set pop3.jar too.
I've just run this example and I don't have any problem to run it. If you
are introducing correctly the arguments the only difference that we have is
the jar.

Bye

Marinus Gooijer

"Ruben Oude Tanke" <rubenou...@crosswinds.net> escribió en el mensaje