jdk1.2 includes servlet api??

keith kwiatek

Mar 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/13/99
Hello,

I read in the JSDK2.0 "readme" that JDK1.2 includes the servlet api. Is this
totally true?

For some reason when I try to complie a servlet under JDK1.2 it keeps saying
that it can't find the servlet classes... so I include the JSDK2.0 jar in
the class path and all complies well... but I am getting some execution
errors (see below , can you dicipher them for me?) --- I am wondering if
they are related to me using the JSDK servlet jar vs. the jdk1.2 servlet api
(where is it?)....

Any help is appreciated...
Thanks, Please post or email me at kkwi...@nist.gov
Keith
java.lang.ClassFormatError
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:41)
at java.lang.LinkageError.<init>(LinkageError.java:33)
at java.lang.ClassFormatError.<init>(ClassFormatError.java:32)
at sun.servlet.ServletLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
at sun.servlet.ServletLoader.loadServlet(ServletLoader.java:91)
at sun.servlet.http.HttpServer.getServlet(HttpServer.java:330)
at
sun.servlet.http.HttpServerHandler.sendResponse(HttpServerHandler.java:152)
at sun.servlet.http.HttpServerHandler.handleConnection(Compiled
Code)
at sun.servlet.http.HttpServerHandler.run(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:485)

Luc Saint-Elie

Mar 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/14/99
Its not included,
You nedd to download separately JDSK 2.0 (or early release 2.1) from
SUN site

NOobjbui...@home.com

Mar 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/16/99
No. You have to download the jsdk separately.

keith kwiatek wrote:

> I read in the JSDK2.0 "readme" that JDK1.2 includes the servlet api. Is this
> totally true?

I saw this too.