java.lang.RuntimeException: Assertion botch: excessivly large digit

Suresh

Sep 11, 2003, 9:56:35 AM9/11/03
Hi *,

I get the following exception when I try to append some double values to a
StringBuffer. Could some please tell me why this happens ? Is it a known bug
? (I couldnt find a bug report for this in java.sun.com). Does anyone know
any workarrounds for this ?

java.lang.RuntimeException: Assertion botch: excessivly large digit 3291
at java.lang.FloatingDecimal.dtoa(FloatingDecimal.java:762)
at java.lang.FloatingDecimal.<init>(FloatingDecimal.java:442)
at java.lang.Double.toString(Double.java:135)
at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2326)
at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:600)

It happens very randomly, and with different values.

I could not produce this with a test program. :(

Thanks.