Bad magic number -- HELP!!!

Martijn

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00

I'm trying to put several class-files from one project into a jar-file and
run this from a webserver.
The project was created in JBuilder 3 and jarred with the deployment wizard.
When i run the applet in a standard browser view, the applet works. (of
course, right until a borland or swing class pops up)
Now, when i convert the html which calls the applet with the
HTMLConverter-package (standard convert) so it
runs in the Java PlugIn it always seem to generate a Bad Magic Number-error.
Could anyone please tell me why this
happens? What does this mean? Does anyone have a solution to this? I'm in a
timelimit here so please help me?

(I know it's supposed to be 0xcafebabe!)

This is the error i'm talking about:
Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.2.2.p001

Using JRE version 1.2.2

User home directory = C:\WINDOWS

Proxy Configuration: no proxy

JAR cache enabled.
Opening http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/vision/docs/Trivia/Trivia.jar no proxy
CacheHandler file name: C:\WINDOWS\Tijdelijke
Internet-bestanden\Content.IE5\CSB9VWRV\Trivia[1].jar
Opening http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/vision/docs/Trivia/Trivia/Trivia.class no
proxy

CacheHandler file name: C:\WINDOWS\Tijdelijke
Internet-bestanden\Content.IE5\IZ0TITIR\Trivia[1].class
java.lang.ClassFormatError: Trivia/Trivia (Bad magic number)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.security.PluginClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)