tomcat- error 500

1 view

Ash

Jun 5, 2002, 4:46:53 PM6/5/02
Im getting the following error message when Im trying to run a jsp. Im
running tomcat 3.3 on win NT. It seems that an instance of the bean is
not able to be created. Only reasons can be either the code being
incorrect or the path or something not right. Im sure that the code is
correct. Any help will be much appreciated. You may email me or leave
a message here..
Thanks,
Ash

Error: 500
Location: /examples/jsp/login/processLogin.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(Unknown
Source)
at jsp.login.processLogin_4._jspService(processLogin_4.java:91)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Unknown Source)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown
Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
Root cause:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.jpm.cd.u2.analytics.gateway.monitor.GatewayMonitor.checkAdminLogin(GatewayMonitor.java:144)
at jsp.login.processLogin_4._jspService(processLogin_4.java:81)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Unknown Source)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown
Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Georg Stahl

Jun 5, 2002, 5:02:44 PM6/5/02
Ash wrote:

> Im getting the following error message when Im trying to run a jsp. Im
> running tomcat 3.3 on win NT. It seems that an instance of the bean is
> not able to be created. Only reasons can be either the code being
> incorrect or the path or something not right. Im sure that the code is
> correct. Any help will be much appreciated. You may email me or leave
> a message here..

[...]

Tomcat is using it's own Classloader (ignores the CLASSPATH you have set on
your System).
You could modify $TOMCAT_HOME/bin/startup.sh (or *.bat) or copy the jars
that are needed by your Servlet to <your-webapp-dir>/WEB-INF/lib

Georg

Ash

Jun 6, 2002, 9:14:37 AM6/6/02
What will I modify in startup.sh? Now I tried copying my jar files in
the lib directory under the webapps directory but it still gives the
same error? Any more suggestions?
Thanks

Joe

Jun 6, 2002, 1:58:17 PM6/6/02
Ash scratched out

> Root cause:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at com.jpm.cd.u2.analytics.gateway.monitor.GatewayMonitor.checkAdminLogin(GatewayMonitor.java:144)

your getting a NullPointerException if it couldn't find the Class you
would get a classnotfoundException or something like that
checkout the above line and see what it is doing
--
Joe

"I bent my wookie" - Ralph Wiggum