Security exception with a SIGNED applet

Christian Nein

Jul 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/12/00
I am working with a signed applet (Commercial Software Publisher (Class 3)
Digital ID from VeriSign for Netscape Object Signing) with full access
permissions. I have tested full access to local resources, e.g. reading
local files
and so on, but in some cases , I get the following error on my Java-console:

Java(TM) Plug-In: Version 1.3.0-C
Verwendung der JRE-Version 1.3.0 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Home-Verzeichnis des Benutzers = C:\WINNT\Profiles\nein.000
Proxy-Konfiguration:Kein Proxy

JAR cache enabled.
Reading INI-file C:\eMiner.ini
DCOM-Domain=COMPANY
DCOM-Server=192.168.0.80
DCOM-User=nein

(java.net.SocketPermission 127.0.0.1:135 connect,resolve)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.linar.jintegra.bq.<init>(bq.java)
at com.linar.jintegra.bq.a(bq.java)
at com.linar.jintegra.bt.a(bt.java)
at com.linar.jintegra.Dispatch.createDispatch(Dispatch.java)
at com.linar.jintegra.Dispatch.<init>(Dispatch.java)
at com.linar.ocxhost.IContainerProxy.<init>(IContainerProxy.java)
at com.linar.ocxhost.Container.<init>(Container.java)
at com.linar.ocxhost.Container.<init>(Container.java)
at com.bissantz.eminer.Eminer.getConfig(Eminer.java)
at com.bissantz.eminer.Eminer.openSession(Eminer.java)
at com.bissantz.eminer.LabelListener.mouseClicked(LabelListener.java)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEvent(Unknown Source)
How can there be a security exception with a signed applet???
Please help!

Christian.

Smith Kennedy

Jul 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/12/00
to Christian Nein
hi

you could be asking for the wrong privileges. make sure you are asking
for the appropriate privileges. also, remember that, once you are
granted a privilege, you can only take advantage of that privilege until
the method you asked for the privilege in terminates. it is stack-frame
based, so you can't just ask for lots of privileges in your init()
method, and expect to use them for the duration of execution. instead,
you need to request permission relatively locally to where you will be
taking advantage of the permission.

did that make any sense?

hope that helped,

smith

Smith Kennedy
Hewlett-Packard Co.
smith_...@hp.com
My thoughts don't necessarily reflect the beliefs of my employer.

Christian Nein

Jul 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/12/00

Smith Kennedy

Jean Pierre Daviau

Jul 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/16/00
I never "met" an applet asking for privileges on the web?

--
http://www.atreide.net/Daviau
Smith Kennedy <smke...@kennedy-test.boi.hp.com> a écrit dans le message :
396D07D8...@kennedy-test.boi.hp.com...