JDK 1.1.2 Install Problem on Windows 95 - Newbie

Dan Star

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00

After installing JDK 1.1.2 I tried to run:

C:\jdk1.1.2>bin\appletviewer demo\GraphLayout\example1.html

per the readme file and get the error messages:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: \C:\jdk1.1.2\Graph.class
at
sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection
.java:150)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLCon
nection.java:170)
at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:119)
at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(AppletClassLoader.java:263)
at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(AppletClassLoader.java:356)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:462)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:398)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:237)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:474)
File not found when looking for: Graph
java.lang.NullPointerException
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:462)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:398)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:237)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:474)

Being entirely new to the Java JDK I do not know how to troubleshoot
this problem other than to read the readme file. So far I have verified
that my PATH environment variable includes C:\JDK1.1.2\BIN and I have
tried setting the HOME, HOMEDRIVE, and HOMEPATH. I see that Java is
looking for the graph.class file in the wrong location but see no way to
tell it that th file is in demo\GraphLayout\. Can someone show me how
to fix this?

--Dan

sch...@my-deja.com

Jan 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/27/00

Add the full path of the demo\GraphLayout\ directory to your CLASSPATH
environment variable.

In article <388fcc64$0$87...@news.execpc.com>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Dan Star

Jan 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/27/00
Thanks. I also figured out that example1.html did not have a codebase
value for the applet tag which can be used to tell java where to look.

--Dan