Problem With Netscape & Applet

Benjamin Mark Robson

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

Why is it that I run my applet using the appletviewer, and I have no
problems, yet when I try and run the same applet in Netscape I get an
error.

The offending code is:

StringTokenizer colTok = new StringTokenizer(BackgroundColour,",");

where BackgroundColour is a String and is: "0,100,200"

The error message is:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: 10.5
java.lang.NullPointerException: trying to call virtual method
at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(StringTokenizer.java:100)
at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(StringTokenizer.java:115)
at Quoter.DisplayForm(Quoter.java:197)
at Quoter.init(Quoter.java:296)
* at netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$InitAppletEvent.dispatch(DerivedAppletFrame.java:547)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:71)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)
at netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$AppletEventDispatchThread.run(DerivedAppletFrame.java:930)

Whats going on....???

ANy one with any ideas??

Regards
B.Robson

Benjamin Mark Robson

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

Benjamin Mark Robson <bro...@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au> wrote:
: Why is it that I run my applet using the appletviewer, and I have no

: The offending code is:

: The error message is:

: .....
: Whats going on....???

The really wierd thing is..... it works now.... and I didn't even
open the code file. BIZZARE!!!