Sun Application server and .war

TT

Apr 21, 2005, 4:13:00 PM4/21/05
Hello
I have to do simple application for school using j2ee ( servlets + jsp)
I have Eclipse with lomboz plugin and jboss serwer. Eclipse is creating
a .war witch is working properly under jboss. The problem is that this
should work under Sun Application Server too. When I'm trying to make a
deploy i got a message that .war is incorrect and error
java.lang.NullPointException.
How can I create .war which will be working under Sun App.....??

Verifier returned me that:

Error Name : Could not verify successfully.
Error Description : java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.node.web.ServletMappingNode.setElementValue(ServletMappingNode.java:55)
at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.node.SaxParserHandler.endElement(SaxParserHandler.java:355)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:585)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:560)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1555)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:341)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:828)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:758)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:148)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1178)
at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.io.DeploymentDescriptorFile.read(DeploymentDescriptorFile.java:256)
at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.io.DeploymentDescriptorFile.read(DeploymentDescriptorFile.java:186)
at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.archivist.Archivist.readStandardDeploymentDescriptor(Archivist.java:226)
at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.archivist.Archivist.readDeploymentDescriptors(Archivist.java:191)
at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.archivist.Archivist.open(Archivist.java:127)
at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.archivist.ApplicationArchivist.openArchive(ApplicationArchivist.java:673)
at com.sun.enterprise.tools.verifier.VerificationHandler.getApplicationDescriptor(VerificationHandler.java:159)
at com.sun.enterprise.tools.verifier.VerificationHandler.verifyArchive(VerificationHandler.java:62)
at com.sun.enterprise.tools.verifier.Verifier.verify(Verifier.java:75)
at
com.sun.enterprise.tools.verifier.Verifier.main(Verifier.java:53)<servlet>

Maybe you know how to export my eclipse project to sun serwer
Thank you

--
TT

Wendy S

Apr 21, 2005, 11:25:03 PM4/21/05
"TT" <tt...@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message

> I have to do simple application for school using j2ee ( servlets + jsp)
> I have Eclipse with lomboz plugin and jboss serwer. Eclipse is creating
> a .war witch is working properly under jboss. The problem is that this
> should work under Sun Application Server too.

I dug this up for another person having trouble with the Sun server. No one
here seems to have much experience with it (at least, nobody else answered
the other question.) They do have a support forum:
http://swforum.sun.com/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=16

--
Wendy

Pete Barrett

Apr 22, 2005, 1:58:16 PM4/22/05
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:13:00 +0200, TT <tt...@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

>Hello
>I have to do simple application for school using j2ee ( servlets + jsp)
>I have Eclipse with lomboz plugin and jboss serwer. Eclipse is creating
>a .war witch is working properly under jboss. The problem is that this
>should work under Sun Application Server too. When I'm trying to make a
>deploy i got a message that .war is incorrect and error
>java.lang.NullPointException.
>How can I create .war which will be working under Sun App.....??

Using the DeployTool supplied with the Sun Application Server to
create the war file does the trick for me. The instructions aren't
easily understood (make sure you create an alias, or it won't work -
something which seems not to be said in the instructions in the
Application Server tutorial), but once you have the hang of it it's
not difficult.

Why supposedly standard files are different on different platforms is
one of those things. At least the WAR standard separates the platform
dependant part from the rest in a standard way.

Pete Barrett