[q] : Unable to load dll 'awt.dll' (errcode = 8)

The McPhersons

Jul 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/30/97

I'm running IBM's 3.1 port of Java (I think it's called AlphaWorks).

Every time I try to launch the Applet Viewer, I get the following error:

java -Djava.home=C:\JAVA\BIN\.. sun.applet.AppletViewer MouseTrack.html
Unable to load dll 'awt.dll' (errcode = 8)
Exception received while initializing AWT toolkit, aborting.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no awt in shared library path
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:268)
at sun.awt.win32.MToolkit.run(MToolkit.java:56)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:294)
[Process Terminated]

What does it mean? Obviously, the program couldn't load awt.dll (I've
checked, I do have awt.dll). But what is error code 8?

Again, I'm running IBM's Windows 3.1 port of Java. My system is an IBM
80486sx/2 50mHz with 8 megs of RAM (and 2mb left on the quarter-gig HD).

-jonathan mcpherson
jmcpherson at bigfoot dot com <-send replies there
http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/Heights/1651/
^ My home page

Oh yeah, and you know what everyone says about spambots? It's true. I
left my real email address (jmcpherson at bigfoot dot com) in one of my
messages here and a spambot picked it out of the message and sent spam
to it. :-P