WRITING OBJECTS FROM A SERVLET TO APPLET

1 view

pras...@my-deja.com

Jan 8, 2001, 11:04:52 AM1/8/01
We are using Serialised objects for communication between Applet and
Servlet. It is working fine with our development Environment (jawa Web
server on windows 2.0- Servlets2.1). But it is giving some problem in
our production Environment (Apache-Tomcat on Linux). Applet is able to
write data but not able read.
java.io.EOFException: Expecting code
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.peekCode(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)

I am getting this exception.

Can anybody help in this??

Thanks in advance
Prasad

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

ppadala

Jan 8, 2001, 2:15:34 PM1/8/01
Hey Prasad,
How did u do that? I am unable to call a servlet from an
applet in Java Web Server.. It
says "http://localhost:8080/servlet/TestServlet" not found.. I
kept the applet and html file in "public_html" folder and the
servlet in "servlets" folder.. Why it's not working for me?
Sorry, I couldn't help u with ur problem, but I appreciate if u
can resolve my problem..
Thanks
Padala

san...@my-deja.com

Jan 23, 2001, 5:54:13 PM1/23/01
When I got this error message (using Tomcat), it was due to the number
of objects mismatch in the ObjectInputStream. Checkout if your reads
are in synch with your writeObjects.
Hope this helps.

Sanjay

In article <93coet$nji$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,