socket exception

john

Feb 17, 2002, 11:54:39 PM2/17/02
Hi:

I have a little server that tracks time. Every 100 milliseconds it outputs
a pulse. This works fine for the first 10 or so times, then the client
quits.
The client gives me the following exception. I looked at the API. All it
said was there was a problem with the underlaying TCP connection.

java.net.SocketException: connect (code=10055)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at WPClient.main(WPClient.java:9)

I can see the socket connection is breaking, but I am not sure why.
I am running it on the loopback '127.0.0.1', and I am not using a
port that is dedicated to anything else. (33333) How can I fix this.
I need for this little server to run for a long time. Also what exactly
is causing the problem.

Thanks
John