JSP Tomcat Problem

Jason Burdey

Apr 5, 2001, 9:37:09 AM4/5/01
I am creating a simple JSP page to do select from an access
database. I've tried doing the connect/select in the JSP page and in a
java bean and both ways result in errors that close the Tomcat window.
The results from the resultSet are being returned to the page. The
following is the error I notice when I shutdown Tomcat. I am guessing
that I am getting this Connection refused because the SQL page is
shutting down Tomcat and when I try and shut it down it is saying it is
already shutdown?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

C:\jakarta-tomcat\bin>shutdown
Including all jars in C:\jakarta-tomcat\lib in your CLASSPATH.

Using CLASSPATH:
C:\jakarta-tomcat\classes;C:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\ant.jar;C:\jaka
rta-tomcat\lib\jaxp.jar;C:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\servlet.jar;C:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\

parser.jar;C:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\webserver.jar;C:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\jasper.jar;

.;C:\jdk1.2.2\lib\tools.jar

Stop tomcat
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:125)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:112)
at org.apache.tomcat.task.StopTomcat.execute(StopTomcat.java,
Compiled C
ode)
at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.stopTomcat(Tomcat.java:267)
at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:174)
at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)
C:\jakarta-tomcat\bin>

Thanks

jburdey.vcf

dbia...@square.nl

Apr 5, 2001, 10:13:49 AM4/5/01
Jason Burdey <jbu...@ugg.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am creating a simple JSP page to do select from an access
> database. I've tried doing the connect/select in the JSP page and in a
<ZAP>

> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)

"Connection refused" means that the JSP pages is not able to contact
TomCat. Are you sure you are running the Web Server correctly?
From your messages seems you are running in Windows, maybe there is
already a Web Server (IIS or PWS) on the system and both are using
the same port.

Try move Tomcat on a different port.

Davide