ServerSocket Exception

mike

Aug 15, 2002, 6:33:03 PM8/15/02
I wrote a proxy server program on a Windows2000 machine that compiled and
ran w/o error; however, on my Windows 98 Second Edition machine the same
program does not run correctly and generates an exception error. The
exception is thrown when I create a new ServerSocket. I know what the error
means, but I don't know what to do to correct it. If you have any
suggestions, let me know.

Here is the stack trace created by the exception:

java.net.SocketException: Option unsupported by protocol: create
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketCreate(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.create(Unknown Source)
at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at TestSocket.main(TestSocket.java:10)

Thanks,
Mike