trouble with activatable objects (rmid)

Bart

Mar 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/8/99
I converted a working program from UnicastRemoteObject to an
Activatable, but i cannot get it working. As soon as the client
program makes a call to the (activatable) server (the getChannels()
call) i get the exception below.

I can't figure out what's wrong. I tried a simple test activatable
program and that one worked fine. The differences :

- the working program isn't part of a package, the other one is, but
all classes are in the right places as far as i can see (the stubs are
on the client (they are not downloaded) as well as on the server).

- In the not working program , the server is the only registered
activatable object but it creates other UnicastRemoteObjects (and
returns these to the client (in the call getChannels()). I can't
imagine that these objects have to be registered as activatable also -
or should they?

Can anyone help?

Bart

java.rmi.activation.ActivateFailedException: failed to activate
object; nested exception is:
java.rmi.activation.ActivationException: group creation failed after 2
tries; nested exception is:
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return header; nested
exception is:
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read
java.rmi.activation.ActivationException: group creation failed after 2
tries; nested exception is:
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return header; nested
exception is:
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return header; nested
exception is:
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read
at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Compiled
Code)
at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:223)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Compiled Code)
at sun.rmi.server.Activation$ActivatorImpl_Stub.activate(Unknown
Source)
at java.rmi.activation.ActivationID.activate(ActivationID.java:94)
at sun.rmi.server.ActivatableRef.activate(ActivatableRef.java:255)
at sun.rmi.server.ActivatableRef.invoke(Compiled Code)
at my.package.MyServerActivatableImpl_Stub.getChannels(Unknown Source)
at my.package.MyFrame.initializations(MyFrame.java:146)
at my.package.MyFrame.<init>(MyFrame.java:76)
at my.package.MyFrame.main(MyFrame.java:280)