java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no J3D in java.library.path

Kevin J. Kirkpatrick

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98
I just installed JDK1.2beta4 and the Java3D on a Solaris Unix machine.
I followed the instructions completely and I am able to compile .java
files, but if I try to do an APPLETVIEWER it crashes with the following
message:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no J3D in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Compiled Code)
at javax.media.j3d.UniverseManager$1.run(Compiled Code)
at javax.media.j3d.UniverseManager.<init>(Compiled Code)
at
javax.media.j3d.VirtualUniverse.<clinit>(VirtualUniverse.java:26)
at javax.media.j3d.Screen3D.<clinit>(Screen3D.java:25)
at javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D.<clinit>(Canvas3D.java:23)
at HelloUniverse.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Native Method)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Compiled Code)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Compiled Code)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

What is this? I figure that is has something to do with a classpath
being incorrect, but the documents said that there didn't need to be a
classpath as long as java3d was installed into the jre directory..

I figure there is a simple solution to this problem but I am not sure
what is is, does anyone know?? Thanks in advance...

Kevin