HELP!newbie appletviewer problem

tellurion

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

I have recently downloaded jdk1.1.1 for windows 95 , I have written
and compiled my first applet called "JavaNow" ( it's just like
"HelloWorld" except from the book Java Now ) and written the html file
for it .
The problem is that I cant get the appletviewer to run it . The applet
viewer window opens , and at the bottem says " start: applet not
initialized." And in the dos window is the following message:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: \C:\\JavaNow.class
at
sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection
.java:150)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLCon
nection.java:170)
at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:115)
at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(AppletClassLoader.java:259)
at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(AppletClassLoader.java:352)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:419)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:223)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:474)
File not found when looking for: JavaNow
java.lang.NullPointerException
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:419)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:223)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:474)

It appears to my limited knowledge that the appletviewer is not
finding the JavaNow file . I have tryed putting the absolute path to
the file in the command line , but I get the same results .

I don't think that the problem is actually in the file , because when
I double click the file in Windows Explorer my NS browser opens with
the applet running successfully .

Thanks for any help you can give .

Mark

tellurion