Google Ryhmät ei enää tue uusia Usenet-postauksia tai ‐tilauksia. Aiempi sisältö on edelleen nähtävissä.

Newbie.. How can I convert this Unix Shell Script to Java for learning purposes? TIA!

1 663 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Patricia Shanahan

lukematon,
3.7.1999 klo 3.00.003.7.1999
vastaanottaja
Are you sure you want to convert this to Java? Both ksh and perl seem
to me to be more suitable for the sort of thing this script is doing.

If you really want to do this, look up the java.io.File class for
things like finding out whether a particular path exists, and the
Runtime method exec() for running a command. You will need to make a
choice between a GUI or console-type I/O for the user interaction.
Java has better features for using GUIs for user interaction.

Patricia

Jack Metal wrote:

> I have a small script listed below, could someone give me ideas on how
> to change it to Java code to help me for learning purposes?
> Thanks for any help!
>
> #!/bin/ksh
> clear #Clear Screen
> echo "" #Echo Blank line to Screen
> echo "What drive (EX:c#t#d#):\c" #Print.
> read DRIVE #Read Variable DRIVE from input
> export DRIVE #Export Variable to Environment
> pvcreate /dev/rdsk/$DRIVE #Run a Unix Command with Variable
>
> Thanks again, for any help on this learning process for me! :-)

Jack Metal

lukematon,
4.7.1999 klo 3.00.004.7.1999
vastaanottaja

Jack Metal

lukematon,
4.7.1999 klo 3.00.004.7.1999
vastaanottaja
I'm trying to 'web enable' an automated project I've done in
scripting. Plus kinda 'hide' my source code by compiling in Java.
:-)

On 03 Jul 1999 20:26:48 PDT, Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> wrote:

>Are you sure you want to convert this to Java? Both ksh and perl seem
>to me to be more suitable for the sort of thing this script is doing.
>
>If you really want to do this, look up the java.io.File class for
>things like finding out whether a particular path exists, and the
>Runtime method exec() for running a command. You will need to make a
>choice between a GUI or console-type I/O for the user interaction.
>Java has better features for using GUIs for user interaction.
>
>Patricia
>

>Jack Metal wrote:

Thomas Jespersen

lukematon,
4.7.1999 klo 3.00.004.7.1999
vastaanottaja
FullMe...@Yahoo.com (Jack Metal) writes:

> I'm trying to 'web enable' an automated project I've done in
> scripting. Plus kinda 'hide' my source code by compiling in Java.
> :-)

It is very easy to get the java source from java bytecode. Just look
up "java decompilers" on your search engine. Aside from that, if it is
running as a CGI script nobody will see your code whether it is a
shell script or a java CGI / Servlet program.

If you want to port your programs you might find something useful
among GNU's java projects:

http://www.gnu.org/software/java/java-software.html

Also for your web-applications you might want to look at the servlet
API at http://java.sun.com

0 uutta viestiä