Tomcat admin page problems...

Michael Katzmann

Jan 25, 2003, 4:58:58 PM1/25/03
I have installed tomcat 4.1.18 and mod_jk with apache 2.0.40
Everything looks good, except that I cant get the admin page to work.
The manager page is fine, and I don't have a password problem, because
I get
past the login screen. When I get to the admin screen, and try to do
anything
I get an error message, then if I go back to log in again I get the
error

HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server
Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find message resources under
key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:248)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)

etc...

Does any one know what this means?

I have j2sdk1.4.1_01.

thanks for any help,
Michael

Wendy S

Jan 25, 2003, 10:12:38 PM1/25/03
Michael Katzmann wrote:
> I have installed tomcat 4.1.18 and mod_jk with apache 2.0.40
> Everything looks good, except that I cant get the admin page to work.
> The manager page is fine, and I don't have a password problem, because
> I get
> past the login screen. When I get to the admin screen, and try to do
> anything
> I get an error message, then if I go back to log in again I get the
> error
> HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error
> type Exception report
> message Internal Server Error
> description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server
> Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
> exception
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find message resources under
> key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
> Does any one know what this means?

Usually that the .properties file named in the <message-resources> tag in
struts-config.xml is missing. I would try re-installing Tomcat, and I
recommend the zip/tar.gz file, not the Windows installer or rpm.

--
Wendy in Chandler, AZ