Help me pl.

1 view

Amar Shah

Mar 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/27/00
I'm getting this wierd exception when i run my applet on IE 5 or netscape,
it runs fine thru Visual Cafe envoirnment.

It is a applet that has a toolbar, menubar and some swing components. The
execption is some kind of security.

EXCEPTION:
===========

JAR cache disabled.
(java.util.PropertyPermission user.dir read)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)

at symantec.itools.lang.Context.initializeApp(Context.java)
at symantec.itools.lang.Context.getDocumentBase(Context.java)
at symantec.itools.net.RelativeURL.getURL(RelativeURL.java)

at window.<init>(window.java:29)
at window.<init>(window.java:253)
at WindowEventDemo.init(WindowEventDemo.java:26)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Piece of code where there is an error. (window.java)
==========

try {

newIcon.setImageLocation(symantec.itools.net.RelativeURL.getURL("images/new.
gif"));
}
catch (java.net.MalformedURLException error) { }

Can someone please help me out of this
Thank you,
Amar

Rob

Mar 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/27/00
Unsigned applets cannot access the file system. I think that could be the
issue here.
The other thing that comes to mind is your policy file. See the sun docs
that come
with the JDK. go to Tool Docs then Security Tools then PolicyTool. It
explains
how to make a policy file there.

"Amar Shah" <dhan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Amar Shah

Mar 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/27/00

"Rob" <rdar...@calweb.com> wrote in message

> Unsigned applets cannot access the file system. I think that could be the
> issue here.
> The other thing that comes to mind is your policy file. See the sun docs
> that come
> with the JDK. go to Tool Docs then Security Tools then PolicyTool. It
> explains
> how to make a policy file there.

I guess not but, if you download the swingset demo from SUN, it works fine
even off the local machine.

I'm not too sure but i believe that it has to do with the Symantec's
classes.