AccessControlException

Steve Hart

Mar 19, 2004, 8:23:31 AM3/19/04

I'm building a client-server app, but when I try to run and connect the
client using IE I get:

(java.net.SocketPermission 127.0.0.1:9112 connect,resolve)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at NetClient.run(NetClient.java:25)

(server and client both running on local host)

When I run it via Eclipse it works fine. Is there anything wrong with my
code or is there an option somewhere in Internet Explorer blocking it?

Thanks,

Steve Hart

Andrew Thompson

Mar 19, 2004, 8:53:53 AM3/19/04
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:23:31 GMT, Steve Hart wrote:

> I'm building a client-server app,

app? or applet?

> When I run it via Eclipse it works fine. Is there anything wrong with my
> code or is there an option somewhere in Internet Explorer blocking it?

Yes, it's called a SecurityManager
(and a damn fine thing it is too)
Check the Sun Java console for a lot
more details, you might also check the